WD DX4000 Sentinel Recovery Disc

I would say your iso download

Well, every downloadā€™s hash is the same, just not the published on. If you have a good PANAM can I get it on a flash drive? :wink:

Also, itā€™s up to 57% verifing, and I see a Backup failed message. I assume thats because itā€™s looking for the other system :wink:

I only backed up the ā€œCā€ drive. I see it created the ā€œDā€. Itā€™s Blank. I assume when I look and/or read that I will see how to recreate the default D drive folders.

I am going to create Win backups for all the Sentinels i have out there and here :wink:

Any directing in making sure the bckups default to the D driveā€¦

Fount it :wink:

It appears healthy although itā€™s been sitting on verifying at 59.95% for a while. Am I to expect it will take a while? Forget this one. rebooting updated the % :wink: itā€™s past 90% now :wink:

I was going to say reboot.
Backup C: to D: ??

How will you recover from D:?

The purpose of this effort was to get a functioning unit. The D wasnā€™t needed (also it had a large amount of data that would extend the recovery time). Luckily, restoring just the OS C drive resulted in the D being created automatically :wink: and as stated earlier, setting the default folders on the D was easy. And, the recovery process was a lot quicker then doing a factory reset.

At least now I have a basic unit that I am going to backup and restore to the other units hopefully resulting in some usable units again. And, have a way to recover a unit since there hasnā€™t been a successful attempt to factory reset. (unless someone sends me a good PANAM on a flash drive :wink: )

I notice on the restored backup that the Certification Authority Service is preventing me from changing the unit name. Any reason I canā€™t remove it. (Forget this part. The unit came from a domain system, so I just removed it)

try the links in here still no hash files :frowning:
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=16635

Great. As soon as my current restore finishes itā€™s verification I will. So far I see the hash and the size are different from the other download. different then the other 1.7.6.21 and while I probably can mount in a virtual DVD as the others, all the burning software say it isnā€™t a valid iso, the same as all the others :wink:

So far I have two of the units functioning doing a restore :wink:

It is almost impossible to burn a good dvd with these big files. Even with 3gb windows ISOā€™s we recommend thumb drives.

My download from the ā€œnewā€ link had to be resumed once so I have no clue but this is the hash I got on that download
32031f2454d3510d7ce2bf5891f7d25d

This is so much funā€¦I would love to create a flash drive of the iso, but using magiciso and windows 7 usb dvd tool both say not valid iso. The hash number you sent matchs what I get here.

So, the restore Iā€™ve done is 1.7.3.13. and trying the 1.7.6.21 update adds intel raid storage technology to the dashboard, the update fails. I am has to re-restore the backup because, while the unit is functioning, the wdsentinel isnā€™t on the computers and backup list. Also, my main unit was successfully updated to 1.7.6.21 the intel raid isnā€™t there.

Trying that link resulted in the same 0x80070570 error.

I guess I need to start looking at this in a positive manner, I have a lot of drives that I can put into other servers and just use the windows essentials :wink:

Another issue iā€™ve found is the windows backup. even though I create a bare metal backup, the WD restore requires the same number and size drives regardless of the size of the backup. ie just the C drive.

Using the new link for a Download I got this. Granted I have not walked out to the office yet to look at the LCD

I downloaded that link and got the same hashā€¦can it be all my units are
bad! Is it the 16GB usb2.0 flash drives? Is there a speed issue with the
flash drives?

[Deleted]

I am actually using a 32gb USB 3.0 and Windows 10 which I have heard do not work :slight_smile:

I have not tried it with these, but have to do it often with Client backup recovery

Set your client PC to DHCP and shut it down. Run a cat 5 cable straight from the PC to the DX4000. Both will get the funky IPā€™s and be able to see each other. This eliminates hub/switches/errors

Well, Ill be to try that, but why the need to direct connect? Isnā€™t the
process being done by the thumb drive.

As a side note, with nothing better to do at 4am in the morning, I said to
me self, self why donā€™t you run the update again. I said OK Iā€™m just
watching a movie.

The update was successful. So I have some more questions.

When does the Software Update Complete message on the screen go away?

The dashboard Health screen doesnā€™t show anything for the System Temp, pa
wer supplies and cooling fans.

The other readings indicate normal

David

[Deleted]

Look at the alerts in the dashboard. I think you have an alert saying update complete. Right click it (I think) and delete it and the screen will update.

No clue, you tell me. Why does it fail if you turn off the client PC. If you extend that thought if it lost contact with the client PC would it fail?

There is a thread in here somewhere about regedits. I canā€™t remember what did not work exactly but things did not show properly in the wd tab.; That might be what you are seeing

yes, sounds like this

Forget the part about direct connect. I was probably sleeping :wink: and was
thinking about the backup restore.

[Deleted]

Well, the screen message cleared after deleting the alerts.

Is you comment on regedit about why the temp/power supplies and fans being
blank?

[Deleted]

It just dawned on me that I did not mention how I am looking at the monitor
status. I am using Teamviewer to look directlyy to the Sentinel. So, I
think the update of the 'Client PC" isnā€™t the issue. Also, the other 1.7.6.21
units show the status ok. Iā€™m running the update on the unit now.

[Deleted]