WD DX4000 help plzz!

Thx allot for the info, ill try that now. My server name i keep at default which is WDSENTINEL, i tried changing the username before but did the same. If i can just figure out why its not registering my password but it register my hint then i might get to the root of this problemđŸ€” Have you ever encountered this?

I have Windows 10 also installed on my other pc (laptop) do you think i should maybe install Windows 7 on my laptop and try the above steps you gave me?

As I said way earlier it is a known issue if you install with a keyboard other than English

MSTSC is the same on win 10 or 7 would make no difference

If the hash matches I would also try a different thumb drive on the last recovery step.

Ok, will do. Is there maybe not a way i can install windows server 2008/2012 fresh? Without using the recovery

2012R2 is actually pretty forgiving as far as hardware goes. You could put one drive in your desktop, install 2012R2 on it then put the drive in the dx case, turn it on and wait for it.
would not have any of the wd stuff like the lcd and the fan will run at full speed. you could use storages spaces for data redundancy

I hope i did it correctly :sweat_smile:

looks like a match. You should not be having problem :slight_smile:
Use a different thumb drive and do the remote stuff I talked about with 5’s as the password

also on your win 10 machine tap the windows key and type snip. Easier to take screen shots

ok cool, i have only 2 16gb flash drives, 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0. Im now using the usb 2.0 for the recovery process, so you think on the remote stuff i can use my usb 3.0?

hahaha thx allot :joy:

there will not be a thumb drive in play when you are doing MSTSC
Lets just see how it goes

Idk anymore Gramps​:cry::cry: im so highly frustrated now. I did all the steps you showed me above and it still says that annoying password is wrong​:rage:

1. I removed the drives from the server and put them one by one in a external enclosure. I then cleaned them in diskpart to make sure they clean.

2. On another thumb i have i recreated the storage on my other pc/laptop.

3. I then created the recovery flash on my usb 2.0 flash.

4. I then went through the recovery process till the part where it says it will format all and delete all, i then ticked it and the formated started.

5. It took over 9 hours to complete the formatting so i just left it overnight.

When i woke up this morning it was done and showed :white_check_mark: and said i can connect via http//:servername

1. I skipped that and just went to mstsc. I used the username and password as Administrator and pass as Admin.

As you can see, it still says wrong password, even for admin😞
I tried by all means to try and login as Administrator but it keep om refusing my Admin as password.

I then just went to my browser http//:WDSENTINEL/setup and followed the next step

Just before i got to the stage where i can change the server name and add password, i got this (i always used to get this)

I just selected proceed to unsafe bla bla bla.
I used the server name as default which is WDSENTINEL and password Pass1234. It had to be that becuase i tried 5555555 and it refused it becuase it had to contain at least 8 characters long and should contain at least three out of the four followimg categories:

Upper case
Lower case
Numbers
Symbols

So it accepted my password and took me to the following stage where i selected Do not check for Updates etc. it took roughly around 45min to complete the last stage and it restarted several times.
This is what i got when it finished:

I then just unticked connect now and closed that window.

I tried again connecting with MSTSC as Administrator (Admin as pass) and as WDSENTINEL (Pass1234 as pass) and still it wont connect, wrong password :rage::rage::rage: i feel like kicking this server till it wont ever have a chance to ever ask for a password.

Im really out of options now😞 I got so much help from you and some other members but i just still cant get pass that stupid “wrong password” issue.

Is there not a way i can bypass the password thing? Like maybe reset password or maybe hack in so that i can get to the dash?

i can see the light at the end of the tunnel :innocent:
i managed to install windows server 2012 R2 on my server yayy!! i followed these steps:

im now for the first time on my Dashboard. the only problem im having is it doesnt display anything on the LCD except “Loading OS Please Wait”

I managed to use TightVNC to login and install the OS and the login details were: Username: Administrator, Password: P@ssw0rd

but if the LCD not going to be compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2 i rather go back to Windows Server 2008.

the only question is now, how da hell im going to do it now lol:sweat_smile:
i know now that it works the way i did it now but wonder if it will work with the recovery?

What was the date on the server win 2012R2?

On your desktop open powershell and paste this in and press enter
(Get-Culture).keyboardLayoutID

umm if i can remember correctly, i think it was UTC-8 and it said it was the 6th March (that was before 00:00)

its now 00:52am 8th March by me now

i got 1033

And the year is 2017? If you turn it off and remove the power and turn it back on what is the date?
Change and use your 3.0 thumb drive if you want to try again

yea, well at first i didnt check the date. Probably still in shock hehe. I restarted now and the time and date is still correct. So i should not use the “recreate storage” process again right?

Ive also noticed that it shows that i only have 1.7TB of storage, i have 2 hdd’s in the server??

try the recovery right?