WD duo 4 tb in mirror (glitch USB 3.0) ***FIXED***

Hi Community,

I come here to explain a glitch with a new one WD DUO in raid 1 mode (4tb x 2)

I have plug the unit to a computer (w10 pro) and i have share the drive to access to it by the network to backup file to it.

When i put the WD DUO in a USB2 port everything work fine, but if i plug in a USB3 port is not working i can’t access the folder by the network… but locally it work well!

I have try to another computer, i got the same result, i have try to share a USB KEY in a USB3 port and i got acess.

I have upgrade the last firmware! I have no idea where to look now!

Someone have an idea? Why it work with USB2 but not with USB3 port…

Hi RickyB1,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.

When you plug in to the USB3 port, have you check your share permission in Windows 10 Pro? It is more like Windows 10 issue. Which Windows 10 Pro version and build do you use?

The folder permission is correctly set, it work when the drive is plugged in a USB2. If i put a USB KEY 3.0 in a USB3 PORT it work too, the drive is not accessible when it plug in a USB3.0

I have call western digital support and they said they dont support external hard plugged in usb port to share over a network!
:sweat:

When you access the drive over network with a software like acronis or other boot live cd you need to have the right USB 3.0 driver. Its also more complicated for software to communicate with the WD DUO because its a RAID device.

Anyway i have fix my problem by adding 3.0 driver !