WD Drive won't turn on

I can’t get my WD drive to turn on. I even ordered a new power cord to see if that was the problem, same issue. It is a MY Book P/N: WDBBGB0040HBK-NA

How do I get my files off the drive ???

Hi,

Have you checked the drive with the new ordered power cable?

What do you mean by “not turning on”? Is it not spinning up or is it not being mounted (being detected) by the operating system.

So what’s happened to this “Not being able to turn on.” If it’s solved, you need to come back an close this with a solution. As Kflash08 asked, whats happening? Maybe there is a power on button that was not toggled, you should see some light somewhere. Is the OS not talking to it…how about expanding your question with some more information. Maybe the electric socket is dead, try a lamp or radio…sorry, these are obsolete.

Hi ! Yes I ordered a new AC adapter cord thinking that could have been the issue, but it doesn’t spin up, turn on, it makes no sounds, no lights. I have tried different outlets. I connected it to the computer, it won’t be detected because it doesn’t power up at all. It stopped working after we unplugged everything from my computer and moved the computer to a new location on my desk. Everything else on the computer works, so I know its not my computer, it’s the hard drive itself. It tipped over as we unplugged it, literally just tipped over barely even making a sound, it didn’t fall hard, but I am wondering if something on the inside of it could have become loose. Maybe I need to take it to a professional who can get inside the case and see if something is loose in there ? I know nothing about external hard drives so I wouldn’t know what to look for on the inside of it.

Hi ! Yes I ordered a new AC adapter cord thinking that could have been the issue, but it doesn’t spin up, turn on, it makes no sounds, no lights. I have tried different outlets. I connected it to the computer, it won’t be detected because it doesn’t power up at all. It stopped working after we unplugged everything from my computer and moved the computer to a new location on my desk. Everything else on the computer works, so I know its not my computer, it’s the hard drive itself. It tipped over as we unplugged it, literally just tipped over barely even making a sound, it didn’t fall hard, but I am wondering if something on the inside of it could have become loose. Maybe I need to take it to a professional who can get inside the case and see if something is loose in there ? I know nothing about external hard drives so I wouldn’t know what to look for on the inside of it.

Oh Oh, ssb13…so it fell over and hit the ground…the spec said about 2.2lbs…thanks for coming back to explain…and sorry about that, but these items are a problem…not sure about someone looking at it, especially since you’ve got tons of data…If most the the stuff is still on the PC, get another drive and back your stuff up.