WD Drive Utilities for Mac with My Book Studio II?

Will the newest (WDDriveUtility_For_Web_Mac_1_1_7_5.zip) WD Drive Utilities for Mac work with My Book Studio II as replacement of old WD Drive Manager?

The My Book Studio still shows WD Drive Manager as the option to manage the RAID.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=114&lang=en

The WD Drive Utilities seems to be engineered for the latest drives.

It will be a matter of testing to make sure if it will support this older drive.

The release notes for the WD Drive Utilities mention that the software has been updated to include references to My Book line of drives - seems like I’ll have to test it once the replacement of my My Book Studio II arrives.

Will it be possible to change the RAID configuration directly from Disk Utilities on Mac, without using WD software?

I think you’ll need the raid utility to config the unit. Disk utilities doesn’t see 2 drives. Just one big one.

amcan wrote:

The release notes for the WD Drive Utilities mention that the software has been updated to include references to My Book line of drives - seems like I’ll have to test it once the replacement of my My Book Studio II arrives.

Will it be possible to change the RAID configuration directly from Disk Utilities on Mac, without using WD software?

Last time I checked Disk Utility only shows one partition when RAID drives are connected.

Make sure to post back if your able to use the new software with the MB Studio II.