WD Drive Utilities Drive Erase additional functionality required?

Hi all, I am new to the community but have had 2 WD My Passport Ultra portable drives for some time now. As time has gone on, one of my drives has filled up to the point where it no longer backs up without prompting me to delete an older, dated, backup.
This begs the following questions:

1. WD Drive Utilities has the function to delete the drive but this would also wipe out all files on it. Am I correct and would there be a good argument for WD to provide an app that allows users to select previous backups for deletion instead of having to wait for the backup to fail before having the option to delete?
  2. Have I misunderstood what is available to users and there is already the facility to select and delete old backups?

Kind regards

Ian

An option to purge older backups is not available in WD SmartWare at the time of this post since, as a backup, it is not expecting to keep files that are gone from the host computer (Which should not exceed the size of the backup drive).

WD Sync on the other hand keeps files in a 1:1 ratio, deleting files that are no longer available in the host computer.

Hi Trancer,
Many thanks for replying. I guess I’ll maybe try it out.

Kind regards
Ian