WD Discovery Update

My WD discovery (Mac) kept trying to update to new version over and over. So I removed the application and tried to reinstall it with no success.

I’ve tried both the install_WD_Discovery_for_Mac.dmg and the WD-Discovery-mac-full.dmg with no luck.

My security preferences are set to allow this to install. I also do not have virus software currently installed as I’m reinstalling machine.

When I do the regular install it gets a little over half way and stops.

When I do the full install is messages me “Failed to install WD Discovery”

I need to get to these drives and can’t even mac them to my machine. I have client work due today that is on there. please help.

Same issue here

I also have the same issue on Mac OSX 11.13.5 - following an attempt the application made recently to update itself. Some more detail:

• For a time, the WD Discovery is in the list of icons in the top bar, and when it is I can see the drive in the Finder window. I can access the drive.

• After a short period (minutes), WD Discovery disappears from the list of icons but shows in the application list when I CMD-TAB. The only option provided by WD Discovery at this point is “Quit”, and the drive is dropped in the Finder window.

• Rerunning WD Discovery repeats this behaviour.

Clearly, the update has a strange feature that needs a fix. I’ve yet to review my purchase with the online retailer I used to buy the product. My rating will be swayed by the speed this is rectified, as this is so fundamental to the utility of the product and the reliance which is placed upon it.

I talked with level 2 support and they were unable to resolve this issue. I rolled my machine back to before I removed WD Discovery software and it’s back to open and closing every few seconds as it tries over and over to reinstall. Each time it pops the window open I loose focus (typing/field/mouse) and it makes itself priority. This is really screwing things up for me as I work.

I work remotely and need to be able to work on files directly from the drive(s). It already cost me 3 days work when it lost connection during a save. I can’t loose money here. Are you going to refund me for both drives or get this fixed?

I’ve tried a number of things and the problem has gone away. Not sure which of the below actually did it or whether it was the combination so try them all:

• Turn off silent updates
  • Update the apps as well (Drive Utilities, Security): note, with these you need to provide admin password.
  • Reboot the device
  • Check the installed version through “Resources & More” menu option
    Hope that helps - I did not need to reinstall.

I turned silet updates off which stopped the looping however the core issue of the update still is there.