WD Discovery Tool not allowing me to Map Network Shares

When I open the discovery tool to connect my PC to my live hub only two options are highlighted, the other three are unclickable, including the “Map Network Shares” button. How can I get this activate? 

There are other posts in here with this same problem but I haven’t seen a solution yet.

Try mapping the WDTV manually. Check the link below for the steps. 

Mapping a Personal Cloud drive or WD NAS drive on a Windows PC 

Do you have Windows Share Server turned ON?  (on your WDTV)

Windows share server is on.

I’ve been at this for two weeks now, almost daily attempts to map this mother**bleep**er. I spent $200 and feel cheated. 

I’ve found dozens of tutorials and even resorted to creating an account here out of pure desperation. Even the most basic question simply cannot be answered after countless hours of web searching.

Why is it that when I open the WD Discovery Tool to map the drive, that button is always grayed out and unclickable?

Why is it that when I try to map the drive manually it just keeps returning the same god **bleep** error week after week.

I tried a new router, two different Win 7 PCs, a laptop, reset everything so many times I’m blue in the face. 

My network shows WDTVLIVEHUB when I turn the PC on so I know it sees it. I can stream Netflix so I know it’s connected to the web. 

I’ve followed all the advice regarding public sharing, etc but nothing.

When you go to File Explorer in Windows do you see your Hub in the Network section?  I’m guessing you don’t.  That’s why the buttons are greyed out in the WD Discovery Tool.  So you have Windows Share Server turned ON in your Hub.  Do you have Network Discovery turned ON in Windows?  Do you have the same Workgroup name for your PC and the Hub? Does your Hub have internet connectivity?  If not that would indicate a wrong network setting and/or something wrong with the connection.  That’s all I can think of.  Good luck.

When you go to File Explorer in Windows do you see your Hub in the Network section?  I’m guessing you don’t. 

Yes it shows up every time under the name WDTVLIVEHUB along with all the other ones attached to the network.

That’s why the buttons are greyed out in the WD Discovery Tool. 

I don’t think that’s the reason as it’s visible.

So you have Windows Share Server turned ON in your Hub. 

Of course.

Do you have Network Discovery turned ON in Windows? 

Of course.

Do you have the same Workgroup name for your PC and the Hub?

Yes

Does your Hub have internet connectivity? 

Yes, it streams Netflix and says it’s connected when I check via the live hub unit.

Why can I stream Netflix but not map the unit? Everything that’s supposed to be checked has been checked, I’ve spent countless hours researching every error I get and yet this [deleted] waste of money just won’t work. I’m tired.

Have you tried the WD Link Software ?

Can be downloaded here -  http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=117&sid=110&lang=en

Cheers

Just installed that today but it doesn’t work unfortunately : (