WD Discovery tool installation

When I try to install the WD Discovery Tool for the WD My Book World Edition, I receive the message: “No network devices were discovered”. I’m using a HP laptop running Windows 7 64-bit. I disabled Windows firewall, but this made no difference. I also ran the Discovery Tool on another laptop running XP and received the same message. I assumed that it must be a router issue (I’m using a Netgear DG834G), but when I logged onto the router I could see WD My Book listed under connected devices along with an IP address. Using the IP address I can logon to the My Book device, but I want to use the software supplied (backup etc). Both DHCP and UPnP are enabled on the router. Any help would be much appreciated.

Update:  everything works ok if I run a cable between the laptop and router rather than rely on the wi fi.  Anybody know what router setting I should be changing to use wi fi and the Discovery software?

Update:  Fixed after installing new firmware for the router

good to hear. i had a suggestion the other day but after carefully reading your post again it wasnt the right one…lol. :slight_smile: