WD Discovery points my browser to phishing site one day after installation

(OP edited to remove exact links, since this had been flagged as “spam: the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.”)

Yesterday I installed the WD Discovery software that came with my new Passport WDBYFT0030BBK-WESN drive. I also allowed that program to receive the online update it asked permission to seek.

This morning, immediately after I plugged in that drive, a new tab on my browser (Chrome, on Windows 10) pointed to:

westerndigitalmeasure dot com

. . . which then redirected to three links on haemarthrosis dot stream, those three links blocked by BitDefender.

What is the fix for this?

Update: Here are its processes, per Task Manager: https://imgur.com/54EOkWA . No malware found by ADWCleaner, Hitman Pro, Rkill, or Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, although NPE generates an error message for the first time, possibly unrelated: “eraser unspecified error 0x8004100b,n44,n66.”

(Comment edited to remove exact links, since this had been flagged as “spam: the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.”)

And once again today, a new browser tab opened by the WD software, not blocked by BitDefender till the third link:

westerndigitalmeasure dot com

then:

server3 dot divinedessert.info

then:

rompings stream

Bitdefender doesn’t block westerndigitalmeasure dot com, so I’ve added that my hosts file.

Almost once a day WD Discovery has opened a browser tab to westerndigitalmeasure dot com, which had in turn (before I blocked it with the hosts tile) pointed to the sites divinedessert dot info, haemarthrosis dot stream, ricketing dot stream, rompings dot stream, and metricgrab dot com.

(Ha, this forum’s platform just refused to let me post the links that WD Discovery has been forcing my browser to visit.)