Wd discovery failed to install on windows 10

I will have you know that I went through the trouble of creating a user account and replying to the email to verify my account, just so I could heart this comment. It has been a lifesaver!

I had the same problem, it installed up to 18% in a desktop and in a laptop, and only managed to install it a 3rd machine a laptop, all with updated win 10, tomorrow I will try installation on another laptop and see what happens, I am going to return the product and try another brand, because I don’t see any solution that works anywhere and I haven´t got the time for software problems linked to brand and that so many people all over have problems with

Same issue here April 2021 - Cannot install WD Discovery on Windows 10

same problem here and i have tried all of the solutions offered and yep as soon as i clicked on yes telemetry… surprise surprise it works. You just lost a customer WD im taking BOTH the hard drives i just bought back. Your deliberately trying to take my right to choose what I wish to make privet or not and force my hand by denying me access to products I have already spent my hard earned money on and I will not stand by as yet another corporate giant takes a swing at whats left of my liberty’s, nor should the rest of you.

Well… I have tried installing with both “Share” and “Do Not Share”, and I still get the Installation Failed, experiencing issues screen. It flat won’t install, no matter what I do. No antivirus running. Installing on a brand new Windows 10 Home laptop, so no previous WD software is installed.

Rebooted and tried to reinstall. Again got to 18% and stopped, but this time I got a popup saying “Windows cannot find ‘C:/Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\Discovery.…\WDDiscoveryService.exe’” I did a search for this and found it here “C:\Users{Me}\AppData\Local\Temp\WDDiscoveryInstaller\WD_Discovery_637707522923462522\WD Discovery\Service”
So the dope programmer sends unpacks to the {%TEMP%} directory, then expects it in your Program Files (x86) directory. Real smart.
So I created the necessary directories in my Program Files (x86) directory, then gone to my temp directory, funneled down to the WD_Discovery_{bunch of numbers for the latest install attempt} and copied the entire to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\Discovery\Current. Now let’s try continuing the install?

Bang bang. Looks like that worked.

I would like to ask how exactly you made the C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\Discovery\Current files as I do not have them and you didn’t go into detail on how exactly to do that.

Same issue for me… I just deleted everything from “C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp”, & installation finished without issue this time.

thank you this worked for me