WD Discovery 3.4.89 and macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

I am actually stunned that this is not available. I just bought my drive. I’ve got two weeks to return it which I most certainly intend to do if this issue is not fixed. How does a business of WD’s size dismiss months of betas and YEARS of announcements that 64-bit apps will be the new standard for Apple?

2 Likes

It’s not the 64bit, it’s their crappy proprietary technology… coming from the same guys that believe it is fancy to put a whole internet browser (Chromium) to mimic a system menu!

2 Likes

This is ridiculous! I can’t get any work done!

1 Like

You have got to be kidding! Here I am, thinking that my Mac is screwed up in some way…mycloud home won’t show up as connected to my computer, so I waste the whole night screwing with it. I have been using Western Digital drives since 1980’s and they have come and gone in quality, but never have I seen such poor support in my life. You should feel ashamed…really ashamed, for being a corporation dealing with people in this manner. You are very non-responsive even during normal times. Why you are so slow and such is amazing to me. If I were on the Board of Directors, I would be releasing people… I guess we have no other choice than to let our clouds drift around in the sky, while we purchase other solutions from different manufacturers. I cannot afford to make this mistake again.

3 Likes

done

1 Like

New interesting thread.

6 Likes

I also email the BOD.

3 Likes

I have to agree that this situation is entirely unsatisfactory. What is worse is that management seem to be completely ignoring their unhappy and angry customers. I respectfully request a financial solution that will enable me to purchase a drive from a company that will treat me and my needs with some respect. I am quite happy to return my drive so that it might be passed on to someone else who will not be able to make any use of it. It goes without saying that I will never buy another WD product and that I will be repeating this story to anyone who will listen, obviously not to WD employees who do not seem to be interested.

7 Likes

@SBrown Any chance of an update?

1 Like

totally agree

2 Likes

This is getting ridiculous, can we at least get an answer?

3 Likes

Another day without accessing my files. Business damage.

4 Likes

Dear WD Community,

There are two issues with WD Discovery on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

ISSUE #1 WD Discovery cannot install
If you are having installation issues on macOS 10.15 Catalina, please download and install the
full version of WD Discovery 3.5.138 located at https://downloads.wdc.com/wdapp/WD-Discovery-darwin-prod-x64-3_5_138_full.dmg

ISSUE #2 My Cloud Home Desktop App access
We are working on releasing a version of WD Discovery that supports macOS 10.15 Catalina and My Cloud Home by the end of this month.

Thank You

5 Likes

@SBrown Please let me know if you need a beta tester

What good is a package that will install an app that won’t run?

2 Likes

Would it be possible to know why this problem had not been solved before the release of macOS Catalina?

1 Like

ok, my post is going to delete… just fix this @WD

So you’re telling us to use the Web Browser temporarily, but I’ve just realised there’s a 5GB file size limit.

What gives? Can you please adjust this to unlimited file-sizes - surely it’s the very least you can do, considering the circumstances.

I installed the WD Discovery software from your link. This does nothing. Yes, the software installs, but I still don’t have access to the drive. Am I missing something? As mentioned, what is the purpose of installing this if it does nothing?

1 Like

@SBrown “new WD discovery version by the end of this month” means no serious access to my files from 7th October to 31th October, when the beta version of Catalina was out since March/April I think.