WD...clarify the current state of Milestone Arcus!

I have been trying to get more licenses for the last 3 weeks to no avail. I have contacted WD, resellers, and Milestone multiple times.

I was just sent this by B&H:
“I followed up with WD support and was informed that approximately a month ago they stopped issuing licenses for the Milestone Arcus and there’s no way to add onto current systems.”

I was just told by WD support that licenses should be available for purchase on your website in 5 or 6 days.

WHICH IS IT?!?!?!?!

You are still touting Arcus as a main selling point of the Pro series of NAS systems so doing this makes no sense at all.

If this is truly the case then I will no longer buy any WD product and I have been a proponent of WD for over 2 decades now and have spent thousands of dollars over the last year for my personal projects at home as well.

@JAMIE_FICKEN

Thanks for your question regarding Arcus camera licenses.
We are currently working with Milestone regarding the ability to purchase extra licenses and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Well, I just sold a friend on a ReadyNAS since WD won’t address this mess.

I was given a direct contact at WD to ask that won’t answer his phone and won’t return messages either. This as after my local Milestone reseller spent half a day trying to figure out what the deal is with licensing by directly contacting Milestone who said that their agreement is that WD will be selling the licenses directly.

What a shame as I really did like this NAS and would have steered my friend towards the PR4100 for his needs.

Good to know! Hopefully it can be figured out soon as I have 2 cameras showing up tomorrow and if I can’t get them up and running by the end of the week I am going to have to switch to something else.

While you’re at it make it possible for us to find our Milestone SLC without having to spend a half an hour or more on chat with them getting the license file decoded so that we can find out the code.

Without that code there is nothing that can be done as far as getting another license according to Milestone and their re-sellers.

Well, my 2 new cameras are configured and I have added them to Arcus so hopefully this can get resolved soon.

@SBrown

Has there been any movement on this?

If nothing is going to happen very soon (as in a couple of weeks at most) I will be ordering the rest of the parts I need to build my replacement machine.

I need the ability to add more cameras and am getting tired of fighting with this thing.

ETA: Nevermind. After another attempt with Milestone where they told me it was a discontinued product and that I am pretty much screwed I am building the PC and dumping this NAS as I am tired of wasting my time trying to spend my money with WD/Milestone.