WD/Caviar Green USB port broke off & lost. Data retrievable?

We moved. Somewhere along the way the USB port on my WD Caviar Green USB port broke off and got lost. I can’t envision myself soldering a new one on so I’m hoping there are other solutions. Worked fine prior to port loss. IF there is a solution can you tell me everything I need to buy to get my files off and I’ll order it asap. (Saw on a similar thread something about SATA cable?)
pics…

Hi @baltique,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Note: Western Digital neither covers Data Recovery under its warranty policy nor has any in-house data recovery service. You may contact any data recovery company of your choice.

Title: Alternate 3rd Party Data Recovery Options link:
Link: Third Party Data Recovery Software Options for Windows and macOS

If you can still connect a cable to it, yeap, go for it. If not, you can try to remove it from its enclosure. But, in my opinion, the best would be to send it to a free evaluation in a recovery service.

I can recommend SalvageData. Check if they have any lab near you or just contact them to send the device:

My second suggestion is Outsource repair service: