Disipador: Corsair H50 Hydro-cooling Kit
Placa: Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
RAM: 4GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws 1600Mhz CL7
HDD: WD Caviar Black 750gb
GPU: Sapphire HD5970 OC 2gb GDDR5
PSU: Corsair TX650 W
Caja: Cooler Master HAF 932
Monitor: Acer H233H 1920x1080p 5ms

The thing is, the HDD makes very loud “noise” and the temperature is bugged, it is stuck at 44ºC all the time. I updated BIOS, but no success on fixing the issues. Also I ran the official Western Digital scandisk program and it gave me error right away telling me to check for cables ( I did, I tried 10 different cables ), so after no succeed, decided to make an ADvanced RMA.

Now my question is,  it said “Out of Region”, I don’t understand that, I bought the HDD in a german online website ( hardwareversand.de ) and I live in Germany. Despite that, it allowed me to follow with the RMA process, and now I recieved a short tracking number and RMA number. How long does it usually take to deliver?

Is it ok if I ship it after I get the new one? I would need to “backup” my old stuff into the new HDD before giving it away, as I have very important data there and I only have this HDD right now.

Thanks,

Kevin

Ok so I’ve got a problem.

I realised the SATA port on my motherboard was the faulty one, changed to another connector and the HDD is fine now.

But it won’t let me cancel de RMA, how can I do it? I sent them an email but after more than 16 hours they didn’t cancel, I don’t want to get billed on my father’s credit card…

Thanks,

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

I don’t know about Germany, but in Australia the only time that I would expect to get a replacement immediately, is if it dies in the first 7 days. After that, it’s a case of send it off and wait.

You would be best served IMHO by buying a new HDD at least as big, and when you get the old one fixed, you can use it as a backup. Because, who ever backs up fully otherwise :slight_smile:

Regards,
David

Edit: Cross-posted at the same time - what’s the chance of that! Well done solving the problem. Why a bad SATA port would make the drive sound bad, I cannot imagine. IIRC when I was filling in an RMA online, it said it would be cancelled if it was not (can’t remember the word - used? utilised?) within a perido like 30 days.

1 Like

The problem is the HDD is now fine and I  want to cancel the RMA but I don’t know how coz it won’t let me anymore :confused:

Go through the process of filling in another RMA, but without completing it of course, and look for the message about what happens if you don’t actually send the drive off. I think you’ll be okay.

If they ship the new HDD and I refuse the package, does it go back to them?

I don’t need a new HDD anymore, I fixed my issue :confused: I hope they look at my email fast, I don’t wanna get billed money for the new HDD …