WD bricked with Firmware Update

Hi everyone,

I have a WD MyCloud Mirror (actually not sure which gen) and I just installed the newest firmware update it suggested.
I did not check on it but let it run for 30 minutes and then realized the web interface still showing “restarting”.
After another 5 minutes I tried to reload the page and it was not available anymore.
So I checked in my router and the mycloud is not connected anymore.

Now I checked on the NAS itself and both HDD Leds are on solid blue, but the Power LED is of. The leds on the LAN-Port are flashing green with short cuts inbetween where they just turn of. No hard drives are spinning.

Does anybody know if it just bricked itself or how I can get it back working again (possibly with all my Data on it)?

Probably it is bricked as many have experienced with the latest firmware. There is a lengthy discussion in the Mcloud-Forum. You can boot with an external kernel, save your data and then setup the device “as new”. Lots of work, and the company doesn’t care.

I disconnected the NAS from power, pulled out the second drive so I could backup my data in case it tries to do something dumb and connected it back to power without the second drive. It did take a while, but booted up again without the second drive, so I think it is fine. No Idea what was wrong, the wd support did not either.