WD Blue SSD and Sabrent enclosure

I have a new 1 TB WD Blue M.2 2280 SSD, which I installed in a Sabrent EC-NVME USB Type-C enclosure for M.2 NVME SSD. I have tried it on two different laptops, on various USB 3.0 ports, and neither one will recognize the drive. The light on the enclosure lights up, and the light on the USB port lights up, but neither machine will show the drive in File Explorer. Neither machine gives me an audio signal when plugging in or unplugging the drive. I tried a different cable with the same result. Minitool Partition Wizard, on one laptop only and one time only, showed me a Sabrent 0 GB drive, but subsequent attempts showed nothing. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I can’t tell if the drive is bad or the enclosure is bad. There is only one way the drive will plug in, so I don’t think that is the problem. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

The Sabrent EC-NVME enclosure is Hot-swappable, Plug and Play and there is no driver required to work with any NVMe-SSD, but NVMe-SSD only.

So, which 1 TB WD Blue M.2 2280 SSD do you have, NVMe or SATA?
If it’s a SATA SSD, it won’t work.

Its an NVME. The SATA drive wouldn’t remotely fit into the enclosure, nor is the connector compatible.

Are you sure, because a SATA M.2 2280 SSD will physically fit in any NVMe M.2 2280 adapter, but it won’t work because the pin(holes) are not compatible.

You are absolutely right. I thought I had gotten an NVME drive, but now that I paid attention to the label it’s an SATA SSD. Thanks for the help. I’ll just have to get a different enclosure. I appreciate the heads up and help.