WD BLUE ssd 1tb 100% active

I have a brand new ssd, I have been using it for about a month now. For some reason when I booted up one day it would take forever for some of my applications located on the drive to load. Now none of the applications would load from it. I have formatted and even re partitioned the drive. I have changed the inturrupt MSI settings, but it is still 100% active.

Model String: WDC WDS100T2B0B-00YS70

Hello TehDeathtrap. I would like to know if you have found out more about this. I have exactly the same drive (2.5" Sata). I had id for almost a year, and exactly the same just happened to me 3 or 4 days ago. Based on when it happened to you, It could be something related to the firmware version. I have installed the WD SSD utility but unfortunately there is no update that “could” fix the issue. I was planning on formatting my drive and see if that helped, but it seems that based on your experience it will not. Also, I tried different SATA cables, different PSU cables as well as different Windows installations, and the same happens.

Also, in my case after maybe 5-10 minutes the activity drops down to 0%, and the SSD works as normal, but after maybe an hour or two the same happens again. Also, I noticed that always happens at boot, and if you hot swap the SSD, and you plug it back, it works as normal dropping to 0% activity.

Hope that we get an answer soon, in case that you still have the issue as well.