WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD extremely slow writes

I have noticed weird behavior while downloading steam games: usually the download starts fine, but after several minutes disk begins to report 100% utilization and write speed won’t go above 20 - 30MBps. I updated the disk to latest firmware, the temperature never goes above 54C. Yet the problem persists. Usually write speeds go to normal if I pause download for several minutes but then go down again after if I resume the download. The problem is exclusive to writes as read data rate is consistently above 1GBps.

Hi @BulbaWarrior,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

how you update firmware ?

my passport 2TB SSD has write speed of 1.4 MBs after a few seconds of writing 50-70 Mbs, so take hours to write 1 GB files, i already send a caso to support but they take ages to answer my last reply was a 5 days ago

Uhh hi again, I guess I was too quick to react. It seems like the firmware update and a restart actually helped me. At least I haven’t noticed the problem anymore.

I used wd dashboard to update firmware

@BulbaWarrior What version of the firmware resolved your issue?
I’m having the same problem but Dashboard says my firmware is up to date

1 Like

I have the same issue.

What’s weird is, when I disable Windows write caching in the WD Dashboard, everything works fine. When i activate the write chaching, the write drop to 10 mb/s lol.

I dont have a fix, without deactivate the cach…maybe I will sell the m.2 and buy another one

This is not a Problem from Steam. With an m.2 from other Manufacturer (ramless m.2 too) i dont have this Problem.

1 Like

This worked for me. Thanks Wissi!