WD Blue SA510 fails completely after just four months

1TB WD Blue SA510 SSD, bought in September. It worked fine when installed but failed suddenly and catastrophically this evening after only about 4 months use in a WIn10 Dell laptop. It is not recognised by the BIOS and is not recognised when inserted into a USB adaptor on another PC. Luckily I still had the original (spindle) HDD and have put this back in. It’s horrendously slow but at least it’s got me running again.
This is the most appalling reliability I’ve ever seen in a drive. At least with spindle HDDs there is some warning that a drive is about to fail. With this - nothing. Just dead.
It will need replacing under warranty, but first I want to find out if there is ANYTHING that can be done to recover my lost files. I assume that with SSDs it’s Game Over?
BTW, I’ve spent the last couple of hours trying to raise a support ticket about this on WD’s system. It’s awful! I just can’t get the Submission to work. I’ve tried on two PCs with two different browsers. What a dreadful site.

1 Like

Hi @Bassthang,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask