WD Blue replacement upgrade drive issues Dell Inspiron 17R

I recently had notification on my laptop that a “piece of hardware is not functioning properly” as I tried to copy some files to another drive. I suspected that the hard drive (a WD Blue 650Gb, 5400, 2.5" internal Drive) was failing. Other issues were that the processor core temp was high. I ordered a 1TB WD Blue for replacement. I also ordered a new fan. They both are installed. The recovery disk is not recognized, however, i do have the original OS disk with Win7. I was running Win10 before. I have been able to boot from the CD, and message that “Windows is transferring files.” The Wiin7 logo comes up and asks to install. If I try to install, I get a screen that asks to install drivers for HDD or restore computer using system image. I don’t have either. If I use the startup repair option (on Win7 Install screen), it comes up that MBR is missing or corrupt, cannot install. The BIOS is listing a 1TB WD HDD. When I get the directory it shows C: as a replaceable media drive. The system drive is listed as X: which is a recovery drive (I think). I did just get to a new window in the Install/setup sequence. It is asking where to install the OS and shows DISK 0 966GB free space, which appears to be unformatted. Do I need to download drivers for the new HDD, if so what and where, and how do I get them onto my laptop? Thanks

Hi, it seems that the recovery disk that you are using does not have all Windows drivers and is the reason. What I would try is to clone the original drive to the new drive using a SATA to a USB cable and see if it helps.