WD Blue 6tb install Finished size same as old drive 2tb clone issue

I bought and installed a WD BLUE 6TB , to replace my old 2TB drive , cloned it and must have done something wrong as the new 6TB shows same size as old drive?

A clone will certainly do that – Depending on what software you’re using, a simple clone includes the partition table and all that stuff. Many clone apps will automatically resize the partitions during cloning, too.

Thanks for the Reply , the guy at FRYS electronics told me I could clone my 2TB drive and have another 4TB available , somehow I do not have the extra storage available. I used the ACRONIS WD edition that WD provides , I dont know if it is some setting I am missing or the freeware just dont do it. It may be acronis limitations but I am frustrated.

Take a look at these two articles. One of them might give you better guidance.

and

Thank you for your reply. I contacted WD support and was told cloning my old 2tb drive , onto a 6Tb drive the end result will be i have a new 2Tb drive due to limitations in cloning. I will return the 6TB and buy a new 2Tb and go back to my external backup plan for extra storage. Thanks