WD Blue 1TB Freezing Computer?

So ever since I bought the WD Blue 1TB, I’ve been experiencing cases of my PC freezing. After the first occurrence of this, I restarted, and was presented with a very long (30 minutes +) wait before I could get to the login screen. When I logged in, I found all of my hard drive files missing, with only the shortcuts with blank icons remaining. Disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drive fixed the problem temporarily. I would get these freezes periodically, until recently, where my computer would freeze at least once a day, and now, my hard drive will no longer show up in file explorer after disconnecting and reconnecting it. I’ve searched for this problem, and I’ve seen on other forums people with the exact same problem with the exact same model, but no working solutions. Is this a problem that I can fix somehow, or is the hard drive just faulty?

Hi,

Do you have another PC to try the hard disk in ?.

Possibly a cable issue - so maybe check that too ?, as disconnecting and reconnecting it seems to have affected the visibility.

Regards,
Shadders.

I have tried swapping the cables with my SSD, only to have the same result, while the SSD worked fine. No, I do not have another PC, but in a worst case scenario I could send it off to a friend to test it.

Hi,

The cables seem ok - but one thing that is odd, is that the computer is freezing. All hard disk errors i have had, with the OS on the disk that is failing causes a blue screen of death, or an error message, or the PC resetting.

Possibly the electronics in the hard disk, but i suppose we should await for WD to respond formally.

Regards,
Shadders.