WD Black P10 5TB Not Working Anymore

It isn’t showing up under my pc or anywhere all of a sudden so I can’t use it. I see it under device manager and under safely remove hardware but I can’t use it all. It’s also not vibrating like it used to when it was on so it’s like it’s not even on, I went to disk management and it was talking about some fatal device hardware error. PLEASE HELP! I literally just bought it a month ago, this is insane.

Did you try to download the WD Disk Utility software? I’m sure you’ve tried a different direct USB port and maybe not a Hub. How about a different PC. The fact that you were previously using it on This PC is very strange occurrence especially if nothing changed, other than maybe a Win update.

My WD Black P10 5TB lasted almost 2 months before it’s stopped working. I have tried the various WD disk utilities and I have tried in various USB ports on several computers. Simply not being detected. Anyone have any ideas? Or know how to get a replacement?

When “the request failed due to fatal device hardware error” occurs, your device turns inaccessible. To fix the error you can try the below DIY methods:

1. Check the SMART status
  2. Run an error check
  3. Run CHKDSK scan
  4. Initialize the disk

Further, you can check the below blog to know more troubleshooting methods that can help resolving the issue and also helps to recover data from such drive:

Hope it helps!