WD Black² Dual Drive and Windows 10

I have a WD Black2 that ran perfectly under Windows 8.1.
When I tryed to upgrade to Window 10 through the download procedure of the Windows 8.1 there was a crash and ethe entire SSD disk has been cleared.
Through an clear installation made ​​from a CD-ROM the Windows 10 was installed on the SSD and it worked perfectly during more than a month.
But, after the last Windows 10 update (the big one) the Black2 has crashed again and the whole SSD part was again deleted.
I would like to request to Western Digital to issue a disk firmware upgrade in order to make it compatible with the new Microsoft Windows 10 OS.
Someone has the same problem?

It would be best to contact WD Support about this. You can do so over the phone or via E-mail.

Thank you!

I have also simular problem. Tomorrow last updates of Windows 10 were installed and now I have problems with HDD partition. It’s inaccesible.

Hi Dilyan.
You should demand a solution direct to Western Digital.
I’ve done my complaint requiring urgent providences.

Hi Dilyan.
You should open a Support Case in Western Digital at Contact Support | WD Support.
Spread this information to people who have this type of HD.

I doubt complaining about it will do one bit of good as WD has already stated that they won’t support Windows 10. I have it running on my laptop but I JUST installed it 2 days ago. I am NOT using the WD Black2 software at all. As a matter of fact, it refused to install. The drive is partitioned into a 111.8GB partition, I used Acronis to do this, and then Acronis cloned Win 10 to this partition. But it would not boot off of it. So I stuck in the Win 10 Install DVD and ran trouble shoot for boot problems and it fixed the problem (boot/BCD was reported and why no boot). So time will tell if this will stay or get corrupted…

I used a clean installation procedure when I did the windows 10 first installation.
It is running very good, but aftar the last big windows 10 update ithe Black2 had erased the sdd portion.
You should open a Support Case in Western Digital at Contact Support | WD Support.
Spread this information to people who have this type of HD.

I have a new WD Black 2 Dual Drive with 0 partitions on it. I installed Windows 10 as a clean install, installed all drivers and then ran the WD Black software on it to initialize the HDD portion.

I was not aware that it was incompatible with Windows 10.

After it ran a few moments later the computer BSOD. The drive was not recognized at all.

So I sent the drive back and got another one. I have done a clean install of Windows 10 but now I’m afraid to run the software in case it BSODs again.

Will the software create the HDD partition or not? Has anyone tried it?

NO it did not work for me with Win 10. Read back to my last post here. My install is still working and has now survived just fine through a few updates.

WD has already said they will not be supporting Win 10 with this drive. Pretty sure it’s out of production and near a legacy status if it isn’t already. Too bad too, it’s a nice drive.

WD has already said they will not be supporting Win 10 with this drive and probably it is out of production, this being true I’ll stop using forever any WD products and the communities in which I participate as a consultant will be informed of this decision WD.

The drive is out of production for sure. I am waiting for a reliable work around before upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi.
You said that is waiting for a reliable work around, but do you have any schedule for it?

Thank you!

Roberto

cid:image001.jpg@01D03990.F4356C00 Roberto J S Oliveira

Descrição: Descrição: Niterói Desenho Final - 2

Seja você a mudança que quer ver no Brasil

Roberto Oliveira