WD Black 512GB M.2 NVMe slowed a lot after 4 months

I have been using a WD Black 512GB M.2 NVMe in my pc (i7 6700k, Z170 Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, Win10 x64) for 4 months, and from the beginning it was so great!

However lately the system has been very very laggy, audio stutters, games have 80-100FPS but then have micro-pauses for 1 second here and there. (every 30 seconds a 1 sec freeze)

To right click the desktop to make a new folder and there is a 2-3 second lag/freeze. The system has become very slow to use. (these easy functions should be (and used to be) instant on my system)

I spend many days updating various windows drivers for audio/chipset/network/BIOS, as well as various troubleshooting in RAM, disconnecting other drives, removing wifi card, changing GPU, the problem was still there.

I ran CrystalDiskMark on my WD Black 512GB M.2 NVMe
Results:
Seq Q32T1 Read/Write of 18MB/s / 24 MB/S
4K Q32T1 Read/Write 2.482MB/s / 2.209MB/s

It has ground to a halt!
I have updated to the latest firmware for the drive from the WD SSD software
The temp monitor says it sits at about 61° C (I have a case fan at the front blowing over it, and CPU/GPU temps are 30-50°C

All high-end expensive components, Gold 80+ 750W Corsair PSU etc.

Is my WD Black 512GB M.2 NVMe dying? should I submit for RMA?

Hello,

Can you use the WD SSD Dashboard to check for latest firmware update and try to format the drive ? If it does not restore performance please contact us for possible replacement