WD Backup no longer opens settings

I have a My Passport Ultra using WD Backup. It was working perfectly. Turned PC off. Unplugged the drive and connected a new Passport Ultra and started PC with Win 10. WD Backup said the drive was offline and settings would not open. I unplugged the new drive and connected the old Passport Ultra. This time the drive was online but settings still would not open and backup now, would not work.

How do I launch/open the settings program to get my backup running again?

Was the WD Backup program smart enough to know there were different drives attached and stopped working?

Hello,

You will need to create a new backup job for the new drive.

Was the WD Backup program smart enough to know there were different drives attached and stopped working?

Sounds like it. Could be a different firmware information.

Thanks ER. I went back to the original drive thinking it would start backing up my files again but it is not backing up like it used to. I may need to create a new backup job for the original drive. To do that I need to get into the settings dialog screen but when I click on settings, from the systems tray, nothing happens. That is where I am stuck. :worried:

I would like to get my backups running again. Do you or anyone have an idea of how to do that?

i hijacked this question since it was already started.

setting will not open - i reinstalled wd backup