WD backup incorrect file size and date for 2 TB My Passport

Hi,

WD Backup file sizes (9.5 GB) are significantly smaller than the original backup file size (34GB) for the Documents folder that has many subfolders.

When I access the Documents, the file sizes and counts in folders without sub-folders match, however its folders that have sub-folders and many files within them show discrepancies and am unable to match all manually.

Backup file size for Pictures, which has only one level of sub-folders is accurate (101 GB).

In addition all folders, subfolders and file original dates are being overwritten by the backup date.

Another problem is that initially partial backups are being created and then attempts to complete the full backup leads to incremental backups that run hourly (since they stop after about 5 minutes or so) all night without actually backing up any new files.

I have received very helpful support from WD technical folks, but am now at a stage where I need to get backups done and am seeking out solutions/ similar experiences and work arounds from anyone else who may have encountered this problem.

Any suggestions or advise.

Thank you,
BM

Hi boniface219,

Please check your PM.