WD App Manager on Mac OS opening dialog

I’m running WD App Manager ver 1.0.4.275 on two Macs: one running Mojave, one running High Sierra. For the last 6 months or so, I’ve been getting the “You are opening the application “SD App Manager” for the first time…” dialog every time I boot up. I always click the “Open” button, but I still get the dialog. My EX4 is running OK, App Manager does what it’s supposed to do, but this is just an annoyance. I talked to tech support, and they said that “this is what it’s supposed to do - there’s no way to get around it”. I’ve installed App Manager from the latest WD setup package a few times - no change.

This is ludicrous - I have a bunch of apps that run on startup, and I’ve never had any require this every single time. I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find this mentioned, but I can’t imagine that if this happened on everyone’s Mac, folks wouldn’t be complaining. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I believe I found a solution reading this thread:

I used this terminal command to reset the LaunchServices database and it seemed to work for me. Beware that it took several minutes for the command to finish. I suggest restarting afterwards:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

Thanks for the advice. I saw that thread, also, but it looks like some folks had success, some didn’t. Also, it’s a generic solution (not specific to WD), and I thought that perhaps WD knew what was going on. I’ll try that command line to reset LaunchServices. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Hello, I also have this problem and typed in the command then restarted. Nothing changed so I typed in the other command given in terminal and now all of my icons are gone.