WD 5TB All my data is GONE (all life record)

Was simply unzipping files, when I fell asleep. When I was awake, the HDD was dead. There was a click sound each second.

I brought it to the recovery center, and they said it could be a disk header issue here. I asked if they can replace the head reader to access the data, but they said no. Reason: it is the new model, and they do not have PCB to read it. Also they said the data could have a scratch damage.

Any suggestion/advice on the data recovery? This data is everything to me. Location: Seoul

In this case issue is a head crash. Head crash is a hard-disk failure that occurs when a read–write head of a hard disk drive comes in contact with its rotating platter, resulting in permanent data loss and irreparable damage to the magnetic field on the disk platter surface. Head crash on a hard drive is caused mainly due to physical impact on the drive that’s why it’s also considers as a physical damage to the drive.

Before you proceed to try any DIY method I warn you not to open the hard drive by your own. The drive needs a special treatment and for that you need to consult a professional data recovery service provider.

Hope it helps!