WD 2TB Passport

Hello,

I recently purchased an external 2TB passport for backup purposes and decided to re-format it (as I notice the drive have 2 partitions when I brought it new).

However now when I go to Disk Management and try to make a “New Simple Volume…”, I’m keep getting a message from Virtual Disk Manager “The drive cannot find the sector requested”.

Strange part is WD Drive Utilities can see the drive but cannot do anything more…

Please Help!!!

Hi,

Sorry mate, but is only one partition… I just oppened one three days ago and according to disk management is only one partition…

The old versions on the My passport used to come with a virtual disk but not the new  2TB

However now when I go to Disk Management and try to make a “New Simple Volume…”, I’m keep getting a message from Virtual Disk Manager “The drive cannot find the sector requested”.

Try writing zeros to the drive and then try that again

thanks for your reply

What happen is when I go to Disk Management and I notice my 2TB passport has a 31MB Unallocated partition.

So what I did was format both Primary & the Unallocated partitions to merge into one partition.

However when I tried to and tried to create a “New Simple Volume with NTFS”, windows keep saying cannot be completed so I’m stuck…

I’ll try to write zero with the drive but if it doesn’t work, I guess I have to exchange it for a new one? Since this is my second 2TB passport.

I’m actually got another problem is that I guess since both of my passport are EXACTLY same, when I plug both in only one is recognize, can anyone help?

Will come back and post progress.

Thanks again

Hello,

Would like to report I used the Quick Erase with write zeros and still no luck…

I cannot initialize the disk from Disk Management. I’m keep getting a popup saying “The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date.”

I’m going to try the Full Erase one more time and hope it will initialize the drive.

thanks