WD 2TB external hard disk not detected in Asus X54c

I have purchased(2TB) WD Passport-Ultra-Portable-External from amazon.in(http://www.amazon.in/WD-Passport-Ultra-Portable-External/dp/B00Y0R94PQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00). My laptop not dtectecting this hard disk(but this hard disk working properly in my friends lenevo G580 Model Laptop). I have tried to install drivers for this device via windows search online, but windows could not found any relevant drivers, i am using Asus Laptop X54C Model and windows 8.1 x64 have installed. What should i do, suggest me? Thanks for help.

Myy Asus Laptop Configuration is available on this link => Host Name: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pr - Pastebin.com

It could be a power issue. Try allowing more power to your USB ports from your Device Manager. If not, try replacing the unit’s USB 3.0 cable with a USB 2.0 cable so the unit draws less power. You can also try a USB power booster “Y” cable.

Hello Sunil_Kumar3,

I would like to ask you one question. Have you inserted other drives into your system, to check whether your laptop detects them or not? If not, then I would suggest you to check other devices also; might be the issue is with the laptop and not with the drive, as it is detected in your friend’s laptop.