Wd 2go at work

When I install the WD 2go at work it appears as a separate network driver, I was wondering if this can be seen or accessed by others on the company network? It’s installed on the company laptop… Just trying to understand, Thanks

What is your question exactly? What you wrote there made no sense.

WD 2go does not install a network driver. It uses standard WebDAV protocols built into windows and Macs to access your drive remotely. Using it at work really depends on how strict your IT department is on blocking ports.

WDTony wrote:

What is your question exactly? What you wrote there made no sense.

WD 2go does not install a network driver. It uses standard WebDAV protocols built into windows and Macs to access your drive remotely. Using it at work really depends on how strict your IT department is on blocking ports.

I think his question is as follows:

He is on a network at work. If he accesses his drive on his work computer, can other users on the network see and/or access the drive (without their own login to wd 2go of course) because it appears as a network device under “Computer”.

Thanks Ardvark, It’s exacltly what I meant, clear enough for you to understand… So Tony what 's your response?

No it won’t work like that. This is for a single computer.

Even I understood the initial question… and I’m not technical at all… (I think I better  make myself clear with any questions I might ask in the hope of getting a response that will help).