WD 2GO 2.0.0 Not Connecting to My Book Live

Hi there

I have two moblie devies that were able to access the My Book Live.  On one of the mobile devices I updated the W 2GO app to 2.0.0.  When I did this the corresopinding mobile devies lost the ability to access the My Book Live.   I get the following message when I try to connect to “MyBookLive-Twonky” after asking for a password:

“Sorry, WD 2go is having trouble connecting to MyBookLive-Twonky.  Please connect manually.”

I tried connecting manually by generating a new access code, but I get the same message when I input the code and try to access “MyBookLive-Twonky”.

The mobile device that I didn’t update W2GO  app on is able to access the My Book Live without any problems.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks

Was able to reconnect my mobile device to the My Book Live via the WD 2go Pro app.  I don’t know why WD 2go 2.0.0 would not work.

There’s been a few people reporting this.

The common thread is that, for whatever reason, the WD 2go client is trying to connect to the TWONKY server.

I can’t imagine why that’d be, but try disabling Twonky on your MBL and see if that fixes it.

That’s done by logging into the Web Dashboard, going to SETTINGS / Media / disable twonky there.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

There’s been a few people reporting this.

The common thread is that, for whatever reason, the WD 2go client is trying to connect to the TWONKY server.

I can’t imagine why that’d be, but try disabling Twonky on your MBL and see if that fixes it.

That’s done by logging into the Web Dashboard, going to SETTINGS / Media / disable twonky there.

• *> I haven’t tried this yet, but what happens if I want to use TWONKY?> BTW throughout this problem I think I found out that the My Book Live cannot go to sleep mode (status LED is blue) if the “Connection Status” under “Remote Access” does not indicate “Connected” with “Port forwarding connection established”.  In an effort of fixing the problem listed in my intial post I assigned the My Book Live a static IP address and programmed the appropriate port forward settings on my router.  I now notice that the My Book Live will go to sleep mode.

I haven’t tried this yet, but what happens if I want to use TWONKY?

That’s a good question.  I would “assume” that, once the pairing is successful and you can connect, that enabling Twonky wouldn’t break it…

BTW, are you doing something like manual port-forwarding in your router to access to Twonky from the internet?  If so, that could explain it, too…