WD 2002FAEX busy timeout issues

Dear all, I have just purchased 2 2TB WD2002FAEX black hard drives. They are connected to an Asus Rampage IV Black edition motherboard. I tested to check if everything was good and BOTH of them give me busy timeout errors (0134) in Datalifeguard. How could it be possible that both of them are bad? Is this a bad batch? What can I test?

Keeping testing I have realized that if I pass the test in IDE mode everything is OK, I teste a lot of times, however if the motherboard is in AHCI mode the test shows this errors. What could this mean? Would the harddrives work propertly in AHCImode?? Please help

I have done further testing on two different computers and looks like this issue affects this hard drives on Intel SATA controllers in AHCI mode. In IDE all is OK (tested in two different computers), and in an asmedia controller (Rampage IV black edition) in AHCI mode is OK too.

Also I tested a old raptor i have in AHCI mode in intel controller and everything is OK

To sum up, WD2002FAEX are affectted with Intel controller in AHCI mode

Can anyone give their input? THank you

Try with fzabkar on this board. I am using the Asus H87I-Plus and have no issues.

But do you have the same model? Have you tested under DOS? the exact model is WD2002FAEX-00MJRA0

Anyone else can give me their input? I have opened a ticket WD tech support, and the only suggestion was to do an rma, but I want deeper information on the problem. Seems very unlikely to me that two twin drives present the same problem without being used and I dont want two recertified drives since day one, cause I didnt pay alot of moeny for that, and also with the chance that if they send me the same, they may present the same problem. The ticket was upgraded to level 2 supprt but i am still waiting for some actual tech supprt and discussion on the problem. Can any of the staff here help me out? Thank you very much,

I am still trying to reach some in WD support who can actually tell me something on this problem. Supposibly my ticket has been upgraded to level 2 support but havent gotten any response or contact, Almost three weeks after opening the ticket I pretty much havent gotten anywhere. I have always trusted this brand, so I need an answer on this matter, and I cant be waiting forever. All I can say is that I am not happy.

Can anyone of the stuff help me to contact level 2 support? I havent yet heard anything back and I really need to use the drives. Please help me!!