WD 1TB Black My Passport Ultra Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 -

Hello I hope this is the right place to ask this question. Ive been using a WD 2TB Black My Passport Ultra Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 to plug into my TV to view the stored content. I have a Philips smart TV and have had zero problems so far.

Is it possible to plug a WD 6TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0
into my TV? I know it requires a plug to power it, that’s fine. I don’t want to spend money I don’t have on the WD 6TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 if it won’t play when plugged in.

Thanks
AJB

Whether it will work or not is entirely up to what your Philips TV Supports.

Smart TVs are very finicky with External UDB HDD Support … some might only support MBR Partition Table and not GPT (GUID Partition Table)

Most old Smart TV’s only supported a Maximum of 2TB … which is Max Capacity for MBR Parition Table

For Smart TV’s to support larger, then they have to be GPT

I would highly suggest you consult your TV User Manual or contact Philips Support or research their Forums for the answer.

WD don’t test hard drives with Smart TV’s … so, there is no guarantee it will work on your Philips TV.

Even Smart TV manufacturers can’t guarantee compatibly.

If you decide to risk buying a 6TB , buy it from somewhere (eg. local retail store) where you can return it for refund if it doesn’t work with the TV.