.wav file playback

I ripped all my Led Zeppelin CDs to .wav in Windows Media Player and copied the files to the internal drive on my brand new WD TV Live Hub unit just received and installed today (also updated to the latest firmware via USB WIFI adapter).  Unfortunately, .wav file playback sounds bad, flat and no depth :(.  WD TV Live Hub digital optical output is connected directly to my home theater receiver.  The same files played back on my PS3 (also connected to receiver via digital optical ouput) sound great.  I purchased the Live Hub specifically to serve as a digital jukebox and will unfortunately be returning it due to unacceptable poor sound quality.  I suppose I could try some other format like FLAC but if it can’t do a decent job with .wav playback why bother …

I am at a loss to see what the hub is doing with your wav files. I have no problems with sound quality and mine are all mp3.

There are MANY types of wav files. What type are you using?

Do you have some kind of EQ setup or audio enhancement on the PS3? Aside from that there should be no difference as the files are simply read by both devices and output to whatever device is being used for playback. Your amplifier or TV sound system would be the one responsible for how it sounds, not the Live Hub.

What kHz Frequency does the Hub output for  *.wav (LPCM) ?

PS3 supports several kHz output settings. (which may account for the difference to the Hub)

JoeySmyth wrote:

What kHz Frequency does the Hub output for  *.wav (LPCM) ?

PS3 supports several kHz output settings. (which may account for the difference to the Hub)

That would only matter if the files are encoded at a higher frequency than what the Hub supports. Assuming the wav files were made using WMP then that is unlikely.