Warranty question

Hi guys,
I am resident of Canada, but travelling in Turkey right now, I am planning to buy a wd portable drive 5tb, if I get one in Turkey, and something goes wrong later with my portable drive, do you guys think I can get It replaced or fixed in Canada on Turkish region warranty? Has anyone experienced such incident, or know if it can work for me?
Help is much appreciated.

Regards

Nope.

From the WD Warranty Policy Information …

No warranty service is provided unless the Product is returned to an authorized return center in the region (warranty regions are identified as Canada, U.S.A., Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, India and Thailand) where the Product was first shipped by WD, which may have regional specific warranty implications.

Doesn’t “nope” contradict with wd warranty policy which you quoted?
I ll buy it in Turkey and if something goes wrong, I ll ask Canada wd to help with it, according to what you mentioned, as long as I take it to a authorised dealer or region(Canada) they should be able help? So simply, I buy in Turkey now, would I be able to get warranty help in Canada?

Again … NO

I’ll translate it for you … “in the region” means where you bought it.

No warranty service is provided unless the Product is returned to an authorized return center in the region (warranty regions are identified as Canada, U.S.A., Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, India and Thailand) where the Product was first shipped by WD, which may have regional specific warranty implications