Wan connection dropping for no reason and wheres wireless stats?

New WD My net 750, and the wan port just randomly dies for a second or two and automatically reconnects.  Tried 3 different cables, same thing.  Logs indicated WAN down, then immediately WAN back up.

Have read to switch to AP mode, which I have, and will monitor it, and see if the wan continues to just randomly die (and if it does, back to the store it goes)

Also, in AP mode, how do I see connected wireless devices?  In router mode you could (well, the hostname and IP address), but this feature is gone in AP mode?

And seriously, no RSSI, no link strength, no sync rate stats at all?  Even my router from 2007 can do that…

Not impressed with the product so far… (although bein said, the wireless speed is half descent so far, but if wan just keeps dieing, its basically useless, cant have a voip call just die randomly for no reason)

edit, another “goodie” ive found, in Connection status, its always reporting uptime of 

Connection Up Time 0 Day 0 Hour 0 Min 18 Sec 

always 18 seconds. lol. this product is awesome.

And yes Im on the latest firmware. :slight_smile:

Hello, try doing a simple powercycle too see if that helps. If the problem continues you can also try doing a factory restore. 

What is your N750 connected to on the “WAN” side? Another router or modem? I think some of us figured out that if whatever is serving the DHCP address to your N750 has a short lease time then your connection will constantly disconnect and reconnect. Try Router mode and setting the WAN to Static IP.

So after a couple days now, the WAN side is fine in AP mode, but anytime I switch it to Router mode, it will just randomly drop out.  This is with both testing DHCP and static ip.

AP is fine for me, but C’MON, how the **bleep** can WD not have a firmware that allows me to see whats connected when in AP mode??  Whole neighborhood could be connected, and I wouldnt know…

One other interesting thing Ive found:

Jun 19 11:07:25 unknown daemon.err nmbd[25139]: process_dgram: ignoring malformed3 (datasize = 166, len=82, off=86) datagram packet sent to name ^A^B__MSBROWSE__^B<01> from IP 192.168.2.132
Jun 19 11:19:12 unknown daemon.err nmbd[25139]: process_dgram: ignoring malformed3 (datasize = 166, len=82, off=86) datagram packet sent to name ^A^B__MSBROWSE__^B<01> from IP 192.168.2.132
Jun 19 11:30:53 unknown daemon.err nmbd[25139]: process_dgram: ignoring malformed3 (datasize = 166, len=82, off=86) datagram packet sent to name ^A^B__MSBROWSE__^B<01> from IP 192.168.2.132
Jun 19 11:42:39 unknown daemon.err nmbd[25139]: process_dgram: ignoring malformed3 (datasize = 166, len=82, off=86) datagram packet sent to name ^A^B__MSBROWSE__^B<01> from IP 192.168.2.132

192.168.2.132 is the ip of the WD My Net750.

Umm, what is it doing?  Why is it trying to connect to my samba server?  (and improperly at that? malformed packets?)

I have no file sharing turned on in the MyNet.

Only way to stop this… firewall the mynet routers ip on my samba box…

And is there any way so that my wifi passwords doesnt show on the dashboard homepage?  Who thought of that idea?  Dont think Ive seen that in any other router.  especially with no option to hide the password?

And last, having an uptime of 18 seconds is pretty cool… wonder if that will ever get fixed…,…

(sad thing is, the wireless speeds and range are pretty good, its just theres SO many mixups in everything else)