Wake On Lan NOT WORKING on MyCloud EX2 Ultra

As title says, WoL still works like ■■■■.
This issue has been reported countless times years ago but NOTHING has been done to fix it.
At this point this is just a rant, I’m not even asking for an official fix because that obviously will never come, it’s blatant that WD apparently doesn’t care at all about its user base.

Maybe someone in this forum found a solution, in that case feel free to enligthen me, meanwhile I’ll just make sure everyone I know that needs to buy a NAS chooses another brand instead of this ■■■■.

Hi @V0LDY,

Please refer to the article: My Cloud: Wake On LAN Support

That’s completely false, I managed to wake up my NAS with at least 3 different WoL utilities (and I don’t see why I shouldn’t be able to use whichever I want since WoL is a standard protocol), the problem is that sometimes WoL will stop working with any of them.

Also, the link you provided doesn’t give any advice on the matter, it just says WD Quick View support ended (and according to the first statement of that page that means there is no way to use WoL with my 400€ NAS? That is BAD).

I’m assuming that you’re not using both LAN ports on your EX2? If so then try send a WoL packet to the MAC address of the LAN port that has nothing connected to it to try wake the NAS?

I’ve observed an issue where the MAC addresses of the LAN ports get swapped when the NAS boots-up. Might be simpler to send a WoL packer to both MAC addresses regardless if anything is connected to the LAN port or not.

@dswv42 Oops. My mistake. Need more sleep. :slight_smile:

The EX2 Ultra has a single Lan port.

The problem with this device (and you can read the same thing happening to other people in other forum posts online) is that the WoL sometime works (and when it does it works perfectly fine with 3rd party utilities, as it is supposed to be since it’s a standard protocol) and sometimes it doesn’t for no apparent reason.

Apparently it’s a purely software problem, people have tried workarounds but since you can’t modify anything on the NAS it’s quite a pain to execute How to enable wake-on-lan on your Western Digital NAS - Old Bear