Volume Virtualization

Hi all
I’ve manage to create a iscsi volume on a windows machine. So far, so good. I’m not sure why, but the transfer rate is far better than if I just map the drive.
I would like to access my iscsi drive from outside my lan. My understanding is that the only way to “see” the drive in My Cloud app is to create a volume virtualization. First question, am I right?
I’ve sucessfully created the volume virtualization. Now, when I try to connect, I get the “updating” screen but nothing happens. After that I have to reboot my ex4 to have access to it. Anyone has experienced the same problem? Anyway advise to sort this out?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

Hi, I tried this in the past and it didn’t work, what i found is that you needed an iSNS server to connect the iSCSI target to and then remotely connect to the iSCSI. I wasn’t able to configure correctly the iSNS and never got it working.

However, I also found some information that can maybe allow you to connect remotely to the iSCSI by forwarding the ports in your router to the WD My Clod Configuring Windows Firewall for iSCSI Software Target | Microsoft Learn, as I never tried it I can’t tell if it works or not, but might worth the try.