"Volume Usage is Above 95"

Hi all-

I just purchased a WD My Cloud EX4  8TB.

It is running in RAID 5 and I have disabled as many of the shares & services as I could.

I’ve created an iSCSI volume of the largest size I could-  5800GB IIRC.  This is my intended use for the NAS.

The dashboard shows only 81.0 GB free.  I do not plan on using any of this remaining 81 gb.

On the dashboard, I have an alert  Code 1001  “Volume Usage is Above 95”.

“Your volume 1 usage is close to full capacity. You may begin to experience performance issues. Ensure that your files are backed up, then move files off of your drive to create free space.”

Does the EX4’s OS need unused drive space as temp buffer?

Will I run into performance issue? (bearing in mind that iSCSI is the only service I am using)

I’d like to know sooner rather than later, whether I should format the system again and create a < 95% sized iSCSI volume.

Thanks

Welcome to the Community.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Support by Country
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

As long as you don’t access the Webpasge, it would not bother you.  It look like a safe way to notify the user the volume is getting almost full.  There is a manual way to disable it. But you might need to ssh to the system.

bahstrike wrote:

Hi all-

I just purchased a WD My Cloud EX4  8TB.

It is running in RAID 5 and I have disabled as many of the shares & services as I could.

I’ve created an iSCSI volume of the largest size I could-  5800GB IIRC.  This is my intended use for the NAS.

The dashboard shows only 81.0 GB free.  I do not plan on using any of this remaining 81 gb.

On the dashboard, I have an alert  Code 1001  “Volume Usage is Above 95”.

“Your volume 1 usage is close to full capacity. You may begin to experience performance issues. Ensure that your files are backed up, then move files off of your drive to create free space.”

Does the EX4’s OS need unused drive space as temp buffer?

Will I run into performance issue? (bearing in mind that iSCSI is the only service I am using)

I’d like to know sooner rather than later, whether I should format the system again and create a < 95% sized iSCSI volume.

Thanks