Volume Usage is Above 95% and my LED is Red

and will they help me change the device code so that I don’t get a red light when I use more than 95% of my “My Cloud”? :stuck_out_tongue:

No tech support is needed here as I’m just indicating my displeasure that usage greater than 95% should not warrant a red LED as the customer may actually panic and 40 second reset their device causing the total loss of their data by repeated unplugging of the device which then causing the blinking blue light or perhaps it will be the blinking red light indicating fscking of which it doesn’t complete.

Yes I am sure that the red light is from “Volume Usage is above 95%” because that is the message that I get on the Dashboard.

I deleted a bunch of files and the red light went off.
Added a bunch of files and the light went back on.

Apparently I am on the cusp of 95% usage and it is a bit disconcerting to see a red LED.

On a My Cloud Gen 1 there were more LED colours than just Red and Blue; I think the colours they had were white, blue, red, yellow and green (a mix of yellow and blue).

Now the only indicators are Blue (your device works) and Red (your device is broken which includes usage exceeding 95% meaning that you should buy another one).

The choice of Red is a poor choice.

Here is a good example of what a user will do when they see a RED LED ==> Solid-red-light-will-not-reset; perhaps they too filled their drive above 95%, just saying…

1 Like