Volume control update for remote controller

Dear Western Digital, 

I just bought a new wd tv media player. 

The first thing i did was connect it to my wireless network, then i tried to play some movies and video’s, which was all great, but after that i missed one important thing…

The volume control on the remote.

I know there is an app for volume on your phone, but that’s just as bad as having to grab your tv remote for every song or movie that has a different volume. 

It would be a great improvement if there would be a softwareupdate to assign any number or arrowkey on the remote controller as volume up and down. 

I googled the wd tv media player in combination with volume control. Then i saw whole communities being annoyed about only that thing. 

With volume control implemented i think it would be a really amazing media player for a big group of people. 

Please consider adding this in a new firmwareupdate. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Arnoud Holtzer

2 Likes

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

WD TV Ideas

Regards,

1 Like

This has been requested for ages (in the ideas section). No dice.

1 Like

This is the one thing thats bothered me about WD players since the Gen 2. I understand the TV can also do volume control, but I use the monitor out rca connectors on my TV to plug my headphones into.
(I use a rca to mini jack adapter) .
I have to use the app to set the volume. The other irritating thing is the player doesn’t retain the setting if you put it into standby. Please WD look into this!

2 Likes

I completely agree with this! I’ve seen many many people post online about this. 

I would like to see WD listen to their users and officially comment on this detailing why this hasn’t been done and the timetable for its implementation. If there is a technical reason why this is impossible it should be stated. If it’s impossible then no problem but otherwise let’s hear exactly what the problem with this much-needed improvement is. The answer of “it’s in the app” isn’t good enough. Otherwise a great media player.

1 Like