VOB files (ripped using dvdshrink) showing copyright message after running half way through

Hi All,

I have ripped all of my dvds into vob fils (video_ts folders) using dvd shrink. The problem I am having with WD TV Hub is that after playing half way through, they show copyright message and stop playing or come back to DVD menu. All of my files are showing same behaviour. They work fine if played using VLC media player or boxee or anything else. does anyone else faced this issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advanc

S

did you trying saving them as ISO files. In couple of other threads on this topic, it was suggested to rip the DVDs using dVD fab and save them as ISO. hope this helps

Hi, the problem I have is that I have ripped about 200 of my DVDs based on above method. Will prefer to find a solution rather than redoing everything which will take months to change the format. Also will prefer a solution which is universal rather than based on device.

I don´t think that this is a problem with Hub.
Did you checked DVDRips on your PC?

I have most of my stuff as VOBs in directories (like you) but did convert a bunch of movies to ISO using ImgBurn which you can get for free with a search. Though I did not shrink the file sizes as disk space is so cheap these days, the process was extremely fast and easy.  I was able to convert several hundred movies in a weekend. I would give that a try at lease and see if it solves your problem. Dont know how universal ISO is to your other devices but does work great for the WD line when you are working with movie sheets etc.

good luck

-P

Hi, I tried those file with VLC media player and also with boxee, both way working fine. Also use the same file to create ISO and then its work fine on hub. Just does not work when its in .vob format, stop half way through. This is with all the movies I have

sssaa wrote:

Hi All,

I have ripped all of my dvds into vob fils (video_ts folders) using dvd shrink. The problem I am having with WD TV Hub is that after playing half way through, they show copyright message and stop playing or come back to DVD menu. All of my files are showing same behaviour. They work fine if played using VLC media player or boxee or anything else. does anyone else faced this issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advanc

S

sssaa wrote:

Hi All,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advanc

S

Never had any problems with playback rips from DVDShrink, must be some setting on your part while doing the backup. Usially when a disc goes into programs like Shrink or Fab, copyrighted materials are stripped and override.

Thanks, these files used to work fine with original WD TV (non live version) but have problems with them now. if i convert it to iso they are fine, i was hoping to find some solution, in the ansence of a solution need to return the device (and my search for a perfect media player continues…).