Vob Files and DLNA Server

When I access my network DLNA server (Windows Vista PC with Serviio), the vob files show up individually, making choosing videos a bit of a headache.  Is there a fix for this, or is this just the way it works?  Sorry if this has been rehashed a million times here but I just bought the unit yesterday and haven’t been able to find any worthwhile posts in the forum.

BTW…this unit has already given me fits last night and this morning.  Multiple networking issues, firmware failures, not seeing my network share, etc…  The one thing the Wd Live Hub does do right is play the videos.  So I guess I’m good to go if I can figure out how to make the content browsing better…

You can stream individual VOB files, but not whole DVDs via DLNA.    The DLNA protocol doesn’t allow for that.

Thanks for the reply!

So the only way I am going to get the Hub to show a single entry for each movie is to convert the VOB files into something else?  Correct?

Try UltraISO, I use it to combine my VOB files into an ISO and it works well.

DLNA doesn’t usually serve ISO, either.

Your right Tony, I didn’t realize that.

" Video : MPEG-1 (.mpg, .mpeg), MPEG-2 PS (.mpg, .mpeg, vob, mod), MPEG-2 TS (.ts, .m2ts), MPEG-4 (.mp4, m4v, mov), AVI (.avi, .divx), Windows Media Video (.wmv, .asf), Matroska (.mkv), Flash (.flv, .f4v), DVR-MS (.dvr, .dvr-ms), WTV (.wtv)".

Drunkwithpower

I have never used Serviio, but couldn’t you exclude files or folders from Serviio service? I’m able to stream ISOs from the root of my W7 and Server 2008 drives with no problem.