Video thumbnail size

Hello,

does somebody know the best size for video thumbnails, so that the image ‘folder.JPG’ fits perfect the thumbnail image size and no pixels are recalculated?

I used by now 100x150 pixel, but it seems to me that this is not the pixel dimensions used by WD TV live. The thumbnails are not very sharp.

Thomas

I use the b-rad firmware with 10 video thumbnails per page. here is the correct size 180 x 240 px.

MrGreen

The thumbnail must have 2:3 ratio (200x300, 120x180, etc)

Check thumbgen.blogspot.com if u want to generate thumbnails easily :wink:

Can you elaborate on the B-rad firmware?  Does it work with WDTV Live, Media server or Network shares, and if it does, what changes can you make?

Thanks in advance.

thumbgen wrote:

[…] Check thumbgen.blogspot.com if u want to generate thumbnails easily :wink:

Pretty cool!

It’s not one of the thousands of thumbnail editors,

it’s a tool for automatically searching and creating of thumbnails especially designed for WD TV live !

:smiley:

Here’s an auto thumbnail generator what will work one at a time or in batch.  It also does Folder thumbs.

http://ipod-sync.com/wdtvtn/

anyone know how to get rid of the MOVIE.jpg and/or FOLDER.jpg image inside the movie folder?

i don’t need a .iso or .mkv file and a .jpg in each folder.  if only WDTV live would sort this out properly, when i’m in VIDEO i don’t need to see pics or music files.

i know you can delete the image after it’s cached, but if you ever have to unplug the WDTV then the image will no longer be linked to the folder/iso

Type the following at a command prompt where ?: is the drive letter you want to remove the Folder.jpg files from.

cd ?:

del Folder.jpg /s

so if i want to remove the folder.jpg inside the following:

F:\x264\A Serious Man

what would i type at the command prompt?

wdtvtn wrote:

Type the following at a command prompt where ?: is the drive letter you want to remove the Folder.jpg files from.

cd ?:

del Folder.jpg /s

Only do this if you really want to delete the file ‘folder.jpg’ from every folder on your disc. This command only deletes the jpg and does not fully overcome the problem of the double thumbnails.

thanks.

when is WD going to resolve this media issue.  if i’m in VIDEO, i don’t want to see JPGS and if i’m in AUDIO, i don’t wan to see .ISO files.

come on WD, what is the point of having a VIDEO and AUDIO sections, if they appear in BOTH settings.

just out of curiosity, how do you “QUOTE” a reply on this forum, usually there is a “reply with quote” or something similar on forums, but i don’t see it here.

brucered wrote:

thanks.

when the [text deleted]  are WD going to resolve this media issue.  if i’m in VIDEO, i don’t want to see JPGS and if i’m in AUDIO, i don’t wan to see .ISO files.

come on WD, what is the point of having a VIDEO and AUDIO sections, if they appear in BOTH settings.

just out of curiosity, how do you “QUOTE” a reply on this forum, usually there is a “reply with quote” or something similar on forums, but i don’t see it here.

Hi Brucered,

When you click reply you’ll see a “Quote” button above the text entry box on the right. Click it and it will quote the post you are replying to.

-WendyM

1 Like

thanks,

now is there any way to get rid of the DOUBLE THUMBNAIL issue that plagues everyone on here and every complain online if you search.

MrGreen wrote:

I use the b-rad firmware with 10 video thumbnails per page. here is the correct size 180 x 240 px.

MrGreen

Do you resize the images to 180 x 240 or other formats, or does B-rads firmware automatically  decrease the images?