Video streaming stops after 20 -30 minutes

So it didn’t help. I was told that the streaming was interupted 3 times yesterday. Could it be that there’s a problem with the router?

No, I don’t think so. The problem is in Samsung devices. (I didn’t have problems with another devices in the past.)
The solution that I described here is really working … but unfortunately not for twonky server version 7.x.x … how I expected and how you found.
You probably should try to install version 8.5 for solving the problem.

Thank you. I’ll try it.

You may be on to something about the router, or a combination of router and Samsung TVs. Several months ago I purchased and connected a Linksys router to my AT&T gateway/router, with the devices configured so that the Linksys handles all router functions. I put the TV back to using DHCP, so no longer an assigned IP from the router. And guess what? Still no disconnect issue. I should have added a better router sooner, now have strong wi-fi throughout the house too, whereas before the master bedroom upstairs on other side of house was a dead zone.

I have a WDMyCloud 6TB that I experience the same thing on. The problem is… in trying to follow your direction to modify the twonkyserver.ini file, I enable SSH, but am prompted for a username. The MyCloud settings only have you configure a password. I have tried all possible user names but still cannot access. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

The SSH user for my device is sshd

P.S. I can confirm after several months that this solution is really working. No disconnecting any more.

1 Like

The sshd username worked for my 6TB MyCoud as well. The ssdp beat time line was missing from the .ini file, so after saving a copy, I added the line, but rather than leaving anything to chance, set the value to 9999. So far everything seems to work great. Will post update after I’ve had a change to watch a few movies. Many thanks to J.HRADIL for the advice and instruction!!

What twonky server version do you have? I’m afraid the solution really works only for 8.5.x and above.

I have Version: 7.2.9-13 - the fix “sortof” worked - meaning that a 2 hour movie only disconnected twice instead of 4 times… still frustrating. I’m hesitant to update Twonky on the MyCloud, as I have not done that before and don’t want to brick it.

After I upgraded MyCloud to OS5, I also had every mp4 video playback stop exactly every 30 minutes. Changing ssdp_beat_time had no effect. Here is what I saw in the Twonky System log every 30 minutes 24x7.

[Important] - LOG_HTTP: rpc_stop_server : stopping server (rc=42)
[Important] - LOG_SYSTEM: upnp_mediaserver_stop : media server stopped
[Startup] - LOG_SYSTEM: twonkylib_init : *** Starting TwonkyServer (Product Name:Twonky, Version:8.5.2-20210413, Build-date:Apr 14 2021) ***

I am running Twonky 8.5.2-20210413 which I installed from the OS 5 MyCloud Apps after upgrading MyCloud firmware from OS 2.41.116 to OS 5.18.117.

The solution that fixed my problem was in Twonky / Settings / Security / Restart on Network settings where I unchecked the box for “restart on network settings”. I noticed the warning right above the checkbox that says “Enable/disable dynamic restart of the server on any network change. Note that server restart will result in stream interruption!”.

I don’t know what counts as a “network change” but it was happening exactly every 30 minutes 24x7 on my home network. My MyCloud has a static IP, but the various Roku media players and Samsung TV’s I tested all use DHCP.