Video/sound cuts out on Netflix and then Netflix won't play

I’ve been having this issue for a while now. What will happen is I’ll be watching a video on Netflix and it will suddenly go black. I’ll exit to the menu and try to resume, to get a black screen again. If I then try and play any videos from my network they play with no sound. The only way to resolve this is to unplug the WDTV+ for 15+ minutes, play a video from my network first, and then go to Netflix. If I go directly back into Netflix upon powering up the unit the issue will resume. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? It’s getting very frustrating

Weird, how do you have your WD TV connected? Just a HDMI cable to the TV?

Also, how you have your audio settings configure?

Have HDMI running to a receiver, then HDMI from the receiver to the TV. Audio is set to digital pass-through via HDMI. Following my last post I actually found that unplugging the HDMI cable then plugging it back in resolves the issue in the short term, but it still occurs. I’m guessing there may be something flaky with the cable, but it’s weird that this only occurs while streaming netflix and never while streaming from my PC.

Schlock wrote:
Have HDMI running to a receiver, then HDMI from the receiver to the TV. Audio is set to digital pass-through via HDMI. Following my last post I actually found that unplugging the HDMI cable then plugging it back in resolves the issue in the short term, but it still occurs. I’m guessing there may be something flaky with the cable, but it’s weird that this only occurs while streaming netflix and never while streaming from my PC.

• *I would be more inclined to think its an HDCP decryption issue with your receiver. Does this problem happen if you plug DIRECTLY into the TV? Of course, you may need to change the audio mode to STEREO if your TV won’t decode digital audio…