Video on Internal Drive Stops playing after several minutes

Hello - I have the WD TV Live Hub Media Center. I just bought it and it is hooked up to the network and plugged directly to my Samsung 65" 3D LED TV via HDMI in Port 3 of the TV. I have copied some movies from my computer and dragged them over to the WD TV internal drive. The movies play perfectly on my computer. However - When I play them on the WD TV device - they play for a few minutes or so and then the movie stops and the library displays on the WD device and I have to restart the movie only to have it stop again - usually at the same spot it had stopped at previously. Like I said the movies play perfectly on my computer. I have tried copying them again and the fail still happens. Is the WD device so sensitive that any little anomalous hiccup in the video would cause the playback to fail? is there a setting that would correct this (I couldn’t find it)? Please help - or this device is likely going back to Amazon.

If the files are stopping at the same place repeatedly, it’s undoubtably a muxing / coding error in the file.

Doesn’t matter if the file plays fine on the PC.  – different systems have different tollerance to these issues.

Depending on the file type in question, the fix to the file may be fairly simple.

Is the WD device so sensitive that any little anomalous hiccup in the video would cause the playback to fail?

Perhaps.   But in reality, there is *NO* excuse for any “little anomalous hiccup” in a media file, because when it comes to media coding, “little anomaly” is an oxymoron.